Sunday, September 24, 2006

gelilah-phobia

I was davening at the shul this Rosh Hashana, when somebody came up to me during kreeas hatorah and asked,"gelilah?"
During gelilah, you have to the roll up the Torah and put the covering on it. I have a reputation for messing it up. Last time I tried, I nearly ripped the Torah in half. That pretty much stopped me from doing it this time.
Most people dont get scared when somebody comes up to them and asks them to do gelilah, though. I'm pretty sure that when they come up to me, they sneer to themselves and themselves and say another one down. SUCKER. Of course, they wouldn't show that, but I'm sure I can detect it as they ask.

4 comments:

Shira Salamone said...

It might help if someone showed you how to do gelilah properly, instead of just expecting you to know. Hey, no one expected you to learn to read without help, did they?

outofAMMO said...

you're no help at all.

Shira Salamone said...

Sorry, but that's the best I can do from half a continent away. :)

outofAMMO said...

my case remains a difficult one.