Sunday, September 03, 2006

A lot of schools now give out summer vacation homework. Usually it's a whole stack of assignments. Some people have to do science projects over the summer. Some get lucky, and only have one assignment, a book report or some such. I only got a vocab list to study. I was a luckier student. It should have been easy. I had two months, after all.
So why, oh why didnt I study ?!
We had the vocab test today. It didnt just shock me how much I'd forgotten. It snuck up behind me, tackled me, smashed me against the wall,pushed me off a cliff and left my body to rot.
After the clash with metaphors, I was handed back my grade. I scowled at the grade and tried to glare it into submission, but the red ink outmatched my gaze. No doubt the retest will be much funner.
And 30cal and Rafiki drove home all way from Witz to gloat. They claim to be hard at work at Witz, but I know what they really do: they sit there all day practicing smirks and sneers and scowls and all the other S words so students all over the state can come and claim to be hard at work. Then they'll have an excuse to gloat. Even twenty years after, they'll take out the yearbook and practice gloating to their sons. Its a tradition thats gone on for generations

5 comments:

PsychoToddler said...

Gloat.

PsychoToddler said...

Gloat.

Shira Salamone said...

It's one way or the other--either you hit the books or the books hit you.

outofAMMO said...

wow. Y'know, you just walked in and completely ignored my father gloating. I can guess you've been to his blog. >:)

Shira Salamone said...

OutOfAmmo, allow me to re-introduce myself.