Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Stupid, the Armed and the Stupidly Armed

October 20, 2006, 9:03 AM
This 6th grader comes up to me and tells me the 6th grade play is in a week. He wants to know if he can borrow a toy gun for the play. I tell him sure, and give him 30cal's old AK-47. I don't see it for another eight months.
May 1, 2007, 5:10 PM
The same 6th grader shows up at the door and asks if he can borrow a movie. I tell him, only if you bring that gun back here tommorow. He agrees and goes home.
Now I was fully expecting him to bring it to my house. After all, our school has a rule: anyone cuaght with a gun gets suspended on sight. You'd have to be crazy to bring a gun there.
The next day, the guy comes to school. A teacher quickly sees that he is carrying an AK-47 in his hand. The teacher asked him why he had a gun, to which he responded:
"What, this? This isn't mine. This is Curly's."
This was not too good for business. I had a teacher pull me out of class and show me the gun. He was about to suspend me, too. So I explained to him it's for a play that was on in October, I didn't bring it in, it's not my fualt, etc.
I did avoid getting suspended. The principle was furious with me, and most of the teachers weren't too happy to see me either. I managed to get the AK-47 into my locker pretty quickly, but it was the begining of school, and a lot of people going to their classrooms saw me.
This is why you should not give stupid people guns.

5 comments:

iguana said...

I guess this is how the Arabs got thier guns.

outofAMMO said...

you better beleive it!

iguana said...

Just passing along a message, you have to check my blog more often

Tzafra said...

Can I have that AK-47 if the original owner is done with it?

outofAMMO said...

The AK-47? Well...how do I know you're not stupid?